New offering from Mojave Audio!
Mojave Audio is presenting their new MA-1000 microphone at AES. This will be the first model in the new Signature Series line. Designed by David Royer.
The MA-1000, Inspired by the Elam 251. Features: Original NOS 5840 Tube, 251 style capsule, custom transformer by Coast Magnetics, 15dB pad, continuously variable polar patterns located on the power supply.
Pricing: $2495.00 USD
Shipping Q4, 2015.
Available at Atlas Pro Audio
MA-1000 SIGNATURE SERIES
Drawing inspiration from some of yesterday’s most revered microphones, Technical Grammy® award winning microphone designer David Royer has created a thoroughly modern tube microphone that features an original new old-stock 5840 tube, 251-style capsule, and custom designed transformer built by Coast Magnetics. The result? A sweet, airy top end, ‘you-are-there’ realism in the mids and an accurate yet authoritative bottom end.
The Signature Series has been exhaustively field tested against microphones often costing $20K or more – universally evoking the same ‘Wow’ response usually reserved for only the most prized vintage mics. Push up the fader and say ‘Ahhh!’ With performance, reliability, and quality like this, we are sure you’ll agree that Mojave’s new Signature Series microphone is a New American Classic.
- Original new old-stock 5840 tube
- 251-style capsule
- Custom designed transformer by Coast Magnetics
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar
pattern selector, located on power supply
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- American Classic Design
- Comes with Sling-Shock® licenced from Royer Labs
- Premium Cable made with Mogami Cable
and Neutrik connectors
- Vocals and Voice-overs
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor – double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-microns
- POLAR PATTERN: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below
100 Hertz in “cut” setting
- SENSITIVITY: Omni -37.5 dB, Cardioid -36.0 dB, Figure-8 -34.0 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL , < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off
< 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- IMPEDANCE: 200 Ω
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 6 VDC @ 150 mA. 125 VDC @ .7 mA
(from dedicated power supply)
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lbs. (5.9Kg)
Microphone: 7 5/8” X 2” (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)